A Vocational Opinion is used to describe how the unique characteristics of an individual as a worker affect his/her ability to work.
The analysis can be factored to investigate employability, earning capacity or rehabilitation potential. The Vocational Opinion can address factors such as injury impairments and disabilities.
The development of a Vocational Opinion leads to the logical conclusion of the evaluation process employed by BalaCare Solutions rehabilitation counselors. The rehabilitation counselor employs the knowledge, education, and experience developed from working directly with persons with disabilities and applies commonly accepted tools, measurements, and methods to create a proactive plan of action.
Our Vocational Opinion team includes professionals with the following credentials and experience:
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- American Board of Vocational Experts – Diplomate (ABVE-D)
Scope of Services
Depending upon questions posed by the referring party, the scope of the Vocational Opinion may include:
- Earnings Capacity
- Local Labor Market
- Means to Overcome
- Obstacles in Employment
Our vocational experts work with the injured worker to:
- Conduct an Assessment Interview
- Gather Background Information (Medical, Psychological, Education, Training, and Work Experience)
- Complete Evaluation / Testing
- Perform Analysis and Synthesis of Background, Evaluation / Testing and Research